Re: kernel config for MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum?

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 05:33:02PM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> Did you consider just trying 2.6.15 k8 smp from unstable or
> backports.org?  What does building your own gain you?

I cannot speak for the original poster but for me a kernel not requiring
an initrd is a big plus, esp. if I have to debug a boot problem in a
short time. And since I like to daily track unstable and sometimes even
experimental, I should be prepared for such hiccups :-) Also I quite
like the in-kernel RAID autodetection which is not available when MD is
modular.

Gabor

                Hungarian Academy of Sciences