Re: kernel config for MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum?

Lennart Sorensen a écrit :
On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 03:52:49PM -0500, Andrew Schulman wrote:

I just ordered one of these mobos, with an Athlon64 X2 CPU.  I'm going to
install them this weekend.  I've made a first run through configuring a
kernel for the new board, and made my best guesses about hardware
components.  I found some documentation and installation reports that
describe the devices on the mainboard and their drivers, so I think I've got
a fairly good idea of what's needed.

Still, it would be helpful if I could look at a kernel config from someone
else who's using this board, and preferably an Athlon64 X2 CPU too, and who
has customized their kernel for the hardware.  If you have such a config,
I'd appreciate it if you would either post it here (grep -v '^#') or send it
to me by email.

I do not have a Athlon64 X2 CPU but i have the same mainboard. I think it will help you (I send it to you in a private mail).

Also, if you have an /etc/sensors.conf for this board I'd like to see that
too.

Not configured yet.

One other thing:  several reports online said that the integrated ethernet
devices wouldn't work with the standard sk98lin driver, but needed a patch
from
http://www.syskonnect.com/syskonnect/support/driver/htm/sk9elin.htm

But that link is dead, and I can't be sure what else to grab from the
Syskonnect site.  Has this issue been resolved by the 2.6.15 kernel?  I.e.
can I use either sk98lin or skge without patches for the built-in ethernet?

I thought it was solved, but I am not 100% sure.

I'm not sure it's the right driver. I have compiled many as modules (including sk98lin) but the one that is loaded is forcedeth and it works fine (kernel vanilla 2.6.15.4)

Thanks in advance for your advice.  If I have my kernel ready then I can be
up and running sooner when my new hardware comes!  Can't wait!

Did you consider just trying 2.6.15 k8 smp from unstable or
backports.org?  What does building your own gain you?

I had some problems with the 2.6.15 kernel from the archive. My machine did not reboot at all so I was forced to compile my own kernel. I did not understand why it did not boot anymore.

Julien BERNARD