Re: kernel config for MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum?

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 03:52:49PM -0500, Andrew Schulman wrote:

> One other thing:  several reports online said that the integrated ethernet
> devices wouldn't work with the standard sk98lin driver, but needed a patch
> from

AFAIK one of the NICs is the one built in to the nForce4 chipset and
therefore is driven by the forcedeth driver, not by sk98lin.

> http://www.syskonnect.com/syskonnect/support/driver/htm/sk9elin.htm
> But that link is dead, and I can't be sure what else to grab from the
> Syskonnect site.  Has this issue been resolved by the 2.6.15 kernel?

Not in 2.6.15, but AFAIK there will be a new sky2 driver in 2.6.16. But
based on the recent bug reports on linux-kernel, it is not mature enough
for serious production use yet. It may be good enough to use it at home

                Hungarian Academy of Sciences