Re: Mirror list

well the idea was reusing the idea of a distributed/p2p mirroring
concept. not necessarily tied to a specific protocol, but it is a
standard... (and the .torrent files could be compiled just like the
md5 signature files, still on a central mirror/mirrors, but those
would only run trackers and not do a lot of seeding, it would be up to
the rest of the world to seed)

i know that i would run one of these. i would put an upload cap on it,
since i don't have unmetered connectivity yet on my colocated cluster,
but i would contribute. :)

i'm just thinking of ways to offload reliance on the mirrors for -all-
types of transfering.

- mike