Re: Problems with Acrobat Reader 7.0 in pure64 environment

Michelasso wrote:

I make presentations using a latex class (powerdot) that gives as
output a .pdf file, and often I have to present it using computers
running windows in which there is only Acrobat Reader installed, so I
want to be sure that everything is ok testing it with this "polluting
closed source software".
Of course I could ask the organizers of the workshops where I am used
to show my presentations that I refuse to attend if they don't provide
me a pc running Debian or Knoppix, but this seems to me not feasible
at the moment...

Just tell them you need a pc with a cdrom.  Then boot knoppix
from a cd, where you may have your presentation as well. :-)
If you have time, you could even modify the knoppix installation
to boot straight into the presentation - no need to fuss around with
menus and such. :-)

And if their pc somehow won't boot your knoppix cd, then windows
will still be able to get the pdf off it.

Helge Hafting