Re: Problems with Acrobat Reader 7.0 in pure64 environment

On 9/23/05, Adam Stiles <adam@priceengines.co.uk> wrote:

> I personally would have just made this symlink;
>
> ln -s /usr/bin/gpdf /usr/bin/acroread
>
> Seriously, what's so great about Acrobat reader that I should pollute my
> system with closed source software when there is open source software
> available that does just as good a job?

I make presentations using a latex class (powerdot) that gives as
output a .pdf file, and often I have to present it using computers
running windows in which there is only Acrobat Reader installed, so I
want to be sure that everything is ok testing it with this "polluting
closed source software".
Of course I could ask the organizers of the workshops where I am used
to show my presentations that I refuse to attend if they don't provide
me a pc running Debian or Knoppix, but this seems to me not feasible
at the moment...