Re: Heat problem with amd64 laptop

Even though i can't really comment on the topic, i just wanted to state that
it is in general not a good idea to buy an Acer Laptop if you're using linux
on it.

Acer has a very rough buy or die strategy, which does ONLY accept M$ semi-OS'
as OS'.
I had recently also some problems with my Travelmate, which i bought before i
switched to linux and a call at Acer ended with "without Windows we can't
give you any further support". Sad that in the end it was a hardware problem.

I just can recommend anybody not to buy Acer until they are willing to change
their straight ahead strategy.

Just my 5 cents.

Greetings

Igor

who doesn't use ANY f*cking M$ product at all and sleeps better now.