Re: amd64 sources.list file

okay... I think I now have figured out why the system refuses to
install amd64 packages, perferring the i386 packages: it still thinks
it's an i386 system.  So, I spent about 3 hours hunting down where I
could change what the system thinks of itself, and found nothing.
Basically, I need to change the system such that it will install the
amd64 packages instead of the i386 ones (all the errors were
apparently b/c the amd64 mirrors didn't have a package list for i386
packages, which was what apt and kynaptic and kpackage were all
looking for (I think through dpackage, but I'm still not sure...))

So, does anyone know what to do?  I'm pretty much stumped myself, so
any input, even a pointer to a file I should su root / nano would be
great.  Thanks for listening to my pathetic newbie problems, and have
a great day!