Re: Acer 5024WLMI and wireless

On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 09:17:34PM +0200, Tim T. wrote:
> Following up on my own post:
> I found this: acerhk (http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~tauber/acerhk/)
> Unfortunately, development has stopped. I'd be willing to take a shot at it,
> but there's some assembler in there,
> for a 32 bit processor that I'm not familiar with... Anybody here fluent in
> this ?
>
> Failing that,I stumbled across a good price on a prism54 based card, the
> smc2835w. Anybody got any experience with this ?

I have seen people say they had good luck with ralink 2500 based
wireless since it has GPL'd drivers with complete sources.  A list of
cards using those chips can be found here (pay careful attension to
revisions since some stupid companies change chipsets with just a
revision change, and a model that you thought was one thing is now
another):
http://ralink.rapla.net/

Even prism based cards are often softmac now and hence not supported by
the prism driver that works with hardmac chips.