Acer 5024WLMI and wireless

Hi,

  I recently bought an AMD64 Turion based ACER WLMi which also
features a broadcom 4318,
  which is turned on by a switch on the front of the laptop.  It looks
as though this switch needs
  some  sort of software to turn on the radio. I haven't found any
information on how make this
  work. (looks as though ndiwrapper does support the chipset
otherwise, which is somewhat
 frustrating.)

  Since I need wireless to work, I've decided to get a PCMCIA based
card for now. What would be a
  good card to get, given that I want to run an AMD64 based system ?
Which card/vendor has
  64 bit drivers ?

  (Or does anybody have any idea on how to turn on the radio ?)

  Thanks in advance for any help,

   TimT.