Re: konqueror on chroot

Thomas Steffen kiedys napisal:

> On 7/12/05, Marcin Dębicki <neo777n@poczta.onet.pl> wrote:
>> Everything from howto is done setp by step
>
> Well, I didn't. I had an existing 32bit installation, that I mounted
> in a chroot. I just checked again, I have /tmp, /dev, /proc and /home
> mounted from the root system, and /var/run/mysql for obvious reasons.
> Then I did set up dchroot, and it just worked.
>
>> KDE creates all files in user's directory and /tmp. I haven't found any
>> interesting things in /var
>
> True, I just tested it and it works fine. Konqueror uses the existing
> KDE demons, and does not spawn any new processes (unless there was no
> kio_http running yet).
>
> However, my system uses KDE 3.4 from Ubuntu, so it is not really the
> same. I would recommend to upgrade anyway. If you ever use kpdf, the
> improvements made there alone are worth the upgrade.
>
> Maybe the problem has been fixed in 3.4. I admit the evidence is not
> conclusive, so I wont promiss anything. Which ever version you choose,
> make sure that KDE is exactly the same version in both environments.

I have already KDE 3.4.1 from alioth

> One more thing you can try is to configure a 64bit chroot environment
> the same way you did the 32bit chroot. If that works, that is a hint
> for a software design issue.
>
> Thomas

It is a good idea. I think that in this config there can be something
platform dependent which is in memory and used by 64 bit KDE and 32 bit
konqueror. If I am correct then 64 bit chroot'ed konqueror should work
fine.
The most strange thing is that it is working good sometimes. But usually
there is an output you've read.
--
Registered Linux User 369908
alterfenix@jabberpl.org