Re: konqueror on chroot

Thomas Steffen kiedys napisal:

> On 7/12/05, Marcin Dębicki <neo777n@poczta.onet.pl> wrote:
>> Everything from howto is done setp by step
> Well, I didn't. I had an existing 32bit installation, that I mounted
> in a chroot. I just checked again, I have /tmp, /dev, /proc and /home
> mounted from the root system, and /var/run/mysql for obvious reasons.
> Then I did set up dchroot, and it just worked.
>> KDE creates all files in user's directory and /tmp. I haven't found any
>> interesting things in /var
> True, I just tested it and it works fine. Konqueror uses the existing
> KDE demons, and does not spawn any new processes (unless there was no
> kio_http running yet).
> However, my system uses KDE 3.4 from Ubuntu, so it is not really the
> same. I would recommend to upgrade anyway. If you ever use kpdf, the
> improvements made there alone are worth the upgrade.
> Maybe the problem has been fixed in 3.4. I admit the evidence is not
> conclusive, so I wont promiss anything. Which ever version you choose,
> make sure that KDE is exactly the same version in both environments.

I have already KDE 3.4.1 from alioth

> One more thing you can try is to configure a 64bit chroot environment
> the same way you did the 32bit chroot. If that works, that is a hint
> for a software design issue.
> Thomas

It is a good idea. I think that in this config there can be something
platform dependent which is in memory and used by 64 bit KDE and 32 bit
konqueror. If I am correct then 64 bit chroot'ed konqueror should work
The most strange thing is that it is working good sometimes. But usually
there is an output you've read.
Registered Linux User 369908