Re: Installer dies during local network installation

On Sunday 26 June 2005 08:58, Niklas Ögren wrote:
> > F***, no option to turn on that and no newer bios ....
> > The error appears directly after:
> > "Setting up networking...done.
> > Starting hotplug subsystem:
> > 	pci
> > ip1394: $Rev: 1224 $ Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>
> > ip1394: eth1: IEEE-1394 IPv4 over 1394 Ethernet (fw-host0)
> > Kernel panic: PCI-DMA: high address but no IOMMU"
> >
> > If firewire causes this problem, I didn't load these module during
> > installation with installer!
> >
> > So, what to do?
>
> Add the 1394 modules in /etc/hotplug/blacklist, and make sure you don't
> have it in /etc/modules .. then it won't be loaded automatically. Maybe
> something else will fail, but give it a try.
>
> /n

No - blacklist 1394 modules didn't solve problem. Thank you for your response!

Good news:
Tyan updated bios - afterwards no problem to boot
kernel-image-2.6-amd64-generic! YESs!

Then I tried an old installer downloaded 24.06.2005
(debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso) from http://cdimage.debian.org. Installer
working great! So making a fuss of caused by bad bios - sorry.

Bad news:
Today there is a new installer at http://cdimage.debian.org, but this one
hangs during starting syslogd/klogd but being accessible on other tty's.

Regards,
Andreas