Re: random system hang

Yet another "Me too" message.

I've seen this happen a lot on a Tyan Mobo with 2 Opterons (can't
recall the exact model but I could look it up). For us, disabling the
xscreensaver solved it. I can't pinpoint it to one specific
screensaver (we even stress tested a lot of them) but _almost_
everytime it crashed it was running xscreensaver. The times it crashed
without xscreensaver, I believe that the screensaver could be just
starting.

Our first guess went into the amd64 java package from sun, but after
removing all the java apps from there it kept crashing. It kept
crashing when we started using the x86 java so... we then removed the
screensaver and it never crashed ever since. We're using the DPMS
stuff to turn off the monitor and nothing else.

Since you're all seeing problems in X maybe this is related and YMMV :)

Cheers,
Manuel