From: John Madden [mailto:jmadden@ivytech.edu]
Sent: Fri 6/17/2005 1:57 PM
To: Joel Johnson
Cc: debian-amd64@lists.debian.org; Joel Johnson
Subject: Re: 3.1, megaraid2 install cd

Ok, the whole thing *does* work after some hacking around with it and loading the
megaraid2 module manually.  The problem I had with the mirror was that my network
port had been disabled by our network folks. :)

After the first boot, I noticed that the installer had still installed the 2.6.8
kernel however, so the box still wouldn't boot on its own.  Back to the 3.1pre
boot disc, mount up the installed partition, chroot, apt-get install all of the
necessary devel utils, build a custom kernel, and *then* it's good to go.  It's
quite a convoluted mess, but it's enough until a more up-to-date boot ISO is
available.

John

--
John Madden