Re: sk98lin doesn't work on EM64T

I have similar hardware (a 64-bit-capable P4 on an Asus motherboard
with a built-in Marvell NIC), and had lots of fun getting it installed
a couple months back; I ended up installing Ubuntu (which had no
problem with the card) and then using that to build a custom
debian-installer image (which was something of a pain, though I'm glad
we've at least migrated from boot-floppies!).

Since I (being a packrat) still have the image around, I just put a
copy up at http://people.debian.org/~ucko/em64t-sk98lin.iso .  I get
an MD5 sum of 46399ad123a2cadeab088591e66de025 and an SHA1 sum of
88f650e79dea228dca245aaa5e77926528d11ba1.

Once you've installed an initial system, you should then be able to
install gcc 3.4 and build an appropriate custom kernel/module of your
own.

Finger amu@monk.mit.edu (NOT a valid e-mail address) for more info.