Re: gcc version issue trying to install vmware5

A Dimarts 14 Juny 2005 11:20, Goswin von Brederlow va escriure:
[....]

> The default compiler is gcc-3.3 and everything in debian uses that. ....

Sure?
I think that the kernel doesn't and the nvidia modules _need_ the 3.4 version.

It's a bit confuss to have in this platform two versions of the compiler and
choose the best for each circumstance. Maybe, if the 3.3 and the 3.4 versions
have problems in _our_ platform, we should think again to make some effort in
the a 4.x version of the dist to have only one compiler for _ALL_ the distro.

And I'm writing this with good sense, the last think I want is a flame. I
would like to make just a reflexion. Maybe, I'm wrong.

Regards,

Leo
Linux User 152692
Catalonia