Re: Gnome broken in Sid?
- To: Debian AMD64 <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Gnome broken in Sid?
- From: Pete <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 09:43:42 +1000
- Message-id: <42AA25AE.email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20050610233110.GA4550@mail>
- References: <42AA18A6.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20050610233110.GA4550@mail>
Jim Crilly wrote:
Yes, the Gnome 2.10 build started earlier this week and parts of it haven't
made it into sid yet so things are broken. I don't have a full Gnome
installation, so the only thing I noticed is that libgnomevfs2-common is
2.10.1-4 while gnome-panel and gnome-panel-data are at 2.8.3-1 so upgrading
libgnomevfs2-common wants to remove them. If you hadn't upgraded yet, I
would have recommened that you just put the Gnome stuff on hold for a few
more days until Gnome 2.10 finishes it's way into sid.
Thanks Jim, I figured it might be something like that.
At least I can run a terminal and manually launch my app's, so I'll just
wait patiently until the rest gets upgraded which should solve my problems.