xserver-xfree86 acceleration & wheeling problem - Bug?

Running xserver-xfree86 4.3.0.dfsg.1-13 I have encountered a strange issue on two out of three workstations - using the scroll wheel sends two wheel events for every one action by the user. This is apparent when you try to switch desktops using the scroll wheel for example, or when using the scroll wheel to adjust volume in XMMS.

The same xserver version has this issue on two amd64 machines that I have but is not apparent on an SMP AthlonMP machine...

Am I missing something here? Can anyone else corroborate this?

- justin