Re: [(Partial) SOLUTION] nforce4, Harddisk SATA, DVD-Burner ATAPI: How can I keep ide-scsi from loading?

Kurt Gysin wrote:

> Other thing: Do you think it should be reported as a bug if newer debian
> kernels contain the unsupported ide-scsi module? But then it seems
> no-one but me has has any problems with it...

I don't know if the existance of ide-scsi is a bug. I think it might be a
bug if it loads into the kernel and takes over the ATAPI drive even if
there is no line of ide-scsi in /etc/modules, and there is a line such
as /dev/hdc=ide-cd in grub/menu.lst or lilo.conf.That way /dev/hdc doesn't
appear as a device, and the atapi drive appears as a scsi device.

I have that problem too, but now I'm pleased with this configuration,
because of some benefits: cdrecord and cdrdao seems to be running better
with scsi emulation in some regards.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.user/34071/match=ggrubbish

regards

Gerhard