Re: 2.6.11 kernel can't see 4GB?

Koen,

What is the model of your motherboard?
Does it work stable after remapping?
Did you try to run application(s) that would use all 4GB of available memory (the simplest test is copying dvd image or a file of comparable size so it becomes cached into memory)?

On my Tyan Tiger K8W, PCI region remapping while making 4GB of memory available causes kernel traps on attepmts to use higher memory regions. So I'm forced to disable it in favor of system stability.

Max

Koen Tavernier wrote: