Re: [(Partial) SOLUTION] nforce4, Harddisk SATA, DVD-Burner ATAPI: How can I keep ide-scsi from loading?

> > However, there are still some scsi modules...
> >
> > scsi_mod              151344  3 sd_mod,sg,libata
>
> libata uses the scsi interface, so scsi_mod makes sense.

scsi_mod, yes of course... what about sd_mod? sg? It might be that
libata also uses these, but I have not seen them loaded on Knoppix...
might be it is compiled into the kernel, though.

> > Other thing: Do you think it should be reported as a bug if newer debian
> > kernels contain the unsupported ide-scsi module? But then it seems
> > no-one but me has has any problems with it...
>
> Not sure.  ide-scsi does have its uses.  For example I unload icd-cd,
> load ide-scsi, and use pxupdate to flash the firmware on my plextor
> drives, then unload ide-scsi and reload ide-cd and use the drive that
> way again.  Modules are such wonderful little things.

Hmmm... are you sure that this still works on the newest kernels? I
mean, because of ide-scsi being officially unsupported (I do not know if
you have seen the relevant flamewars...) and at least on my machine
kernel-oopsing on rmmod...

Kurt Gysin