Re: MD5 mismatches on downloads from ftp.de.debian.org

Adam Lackorzynski <adam@os.inf.tu-dresden.de> writes:

> On Fri May 13, 2005 at 15:53:27 +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> My local mirror has been complaining about md5 mismatches on
>>
>> pool/main/liba/libarchive-zip-perl/libarchive-zip-perl_1.14-1_all.deb
>> pool/main/libc/libconvert-asn1-perl/libconvert-asn1-perl_0.18-1_all.deb
>> pool/main/libp/libpng/libpng2_1.0.18-1_all.deb
>>
>> when I was syncing from ftp.de.d.o. Changing to
>> syncproxy2.eu.debian.org has fixed it for me, suggesting that the
>> problem is confined to the German mirror. It'd probably be a good plan
>> to check all the files...
>
> The mismatches come from an incorrect resync after the archive move. The
> contents of the files itself were actually ok.
> To fix the archive I've placed a little script in the root directory
> that wgets the corresponding files as rsync won't do it due to same time
> stamps and sizes. You could also just remove them and resync.

touch <file>; rsync

or more drastic but fixing undetected files too:

find -type f -exec touch "{}"; rsync

Rsync will then rechecksum all files but not download them
again. Heavy on the disk I/O for both server and client so don't do it
carelessly.

MfG
        Goswin