Re: MD5 mismatches on downloads from ftp.de.debian.org

On Fri May 13, 2005 at 15:53:27 +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> My local mirror has been complaining about md5 mismatches on
>
> pool/main/liba/libarchive-zip-perl/libarchive-zip-perl_1.14-1_all.deb
> pool/main/libc/libconvert-asn1-perl/libconvert-asn1-perl_0.18-1_all.deb
> pool/main/libp/libpng/libpng2_1.0.18-1_all.deb
>
> when I was syncing from ftp.de.d.o. Changing to
> syncproxy2.eu.debian.org has fixed it for me, suggesting that the
> problem is confined to the German mirror. It'd probably be a good plan
> to check all the files...

The mismatches come from an incorrect resync after the archive move. The
contents of the files itself were actually ok.
To fix the archive I've placed a little script in the root directory
that wgets the corresponding files as rsync won't do it due to same time
stamps and sizes. You could also just remove them and resync.

Adam
--
Adam                 adam@os.inf.tu-dresden.de