Re: amd64 into mainstream

> What makes kde 3.4 so much better than kde 3.2?  Why does your desktop
> need to be updated?

KDEPim doesn't support my Palm very well in 3.2 or 3.3.  All of the
upstream bugfixes for KPilot are in the 3.4 release and not backported too.

> No one says you can't run debian testing on a desktop.  I do it all the
> time.  Now perhaps what would make it a better idea is if somehow the
> security team had the resources to support testing.

Iirc, this is happening after the release of sarge - testing will have full
security support.  Testing sometimes has months-long lags, too, though, due
to libraries getting stuck or whatever.  The problems Debian currently
faces are complicated and I'll be interested to see how they get worked
out.

Take care,
     Dale
--