Re: amd64 into mainstream

Lennart Sorensen wrote:

woody is a perfectly good samba/nfs/apache/dns server.  Nothing wrong
with the software in it.  A few years ago that software was state of the
art, but now you think it is unusable?  Why?
I believe we saw the problems with this when certain PHP bugs emerged to the public some time ago. With the amount of PHP users (and thus, PHP bug exploiters), the issue became critical and forced many to start using alternate package sources for PHP, such as dotdeb.org.

I fully agree that in most cases, Woody is a very carefree and stable server environment. I would just very much hope that the subversions of Debian Stable could bring newer stable versions of software in certain cases.

A possible solution is testing-security, I agree with that viewpoint.

/v\