Re: i386 Wine on an amd64 without chroot

Hank Barta wrote:

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 00:30:33 -0800, Max <relf@unn.ac.ru> wrote:
Tobias,

You can install all applications and libraries in chroot enviroment and later use them from outside like ia32-libs.
In short:

1. debootstrap --arch i386 sid /emul/ia32-linux/ ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian

Does it have tro be sid or can one install sarge in a chroot? Sorry if
this is a dumb question, but I've only ever seen sid in the
debootstrap command.

thanks,
hank

I'm currently using Sarge in my chroot, but I haven't done much with it yet.

So far, no dramas except for some typos on my part that caused some grief with vmware.

Pete

PS Sorry, I just sent this reply directly to you, so I'm now sending it to the list as well.