Clock problem Linux-specific

Hello!

The fact my clock runs 2x as fast in any configuration I tried till now seems to be Linux-specific.

It doesn't seem to occur in FreeBSD 5.3 AMD64 or Windows XP.

I'm currently running linux-2.6.11 (kernel.org) and linux-2.6.12-rc1-mm1 (kernel.org), both of course compiled for x86_64.

Any ideas where this is coming from or how to fix this?

Maybe a comparison of the code for FreeBSD and Linux will yield me some insight.

With kind regards and wishing all a nice Easter weekend,
Oliver Korpilla