Re: i386 Wine on an amd64 without chroot

Tobias,

You can install all applications and libraries in chroot enviroment and later use them from outside like ia32-libs.
In short:

1. debootstrap --arch i386 sid /emul/ia32-linux/ ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian
2. chroot /emul/ia32-linux/
3. install whatever 32-bit applications/libraries using apt-get
4. leave chroot enviroment
5. (optionally) make symlinks to desired 32-bit applications located in /emul/ia32-linux/usr/bin/
6. enjoy the installed 32-bit apps

Max

Tobias Krais wrote:
Hi together,

I have a Debian Sid amd64 installed. Now I would like to use wine for 32bit Windows applications (esp. Watchtower Library). I don't want to use a chroot environment. As I found out, may be one day there will be a ia32-libs-wine to install and then a i386 wine will work. But I don't want to wait for a ia32-libs-wine.

There should be a way to install all the needed libs manually. For I am not a very advanced Debian User I would like to know:

1. Is it very difficult to install all the libs manually?

2. How to install the i386 wine package and how to find out which libs are missing?

3. How to install missing libs?

Hopefully somebody can help me...

Greetings,

Tobias