Re: Instead of chroot for i386

Tong wrote:

Well, I was thinking to abolish the chroot entirely.

Say my i386 Debian Sarge is mounted on /os/deb32. Then, having configured
the ldconfig, just launch ooffice (or any other tools not available in
amd64 yet) as /os/deb32/usr/bin/ooffice -- no bind mount, no dchroot, no
various sym-links.

theoretically, should it work?

Running ooffice outside the chroot should work fine. It's the same principle as the ia32-libs package. I have ia32-libs (which isn't even a full chroot) installed and /emul/ia32-linux/lib and /emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib in my ldconfig, and running openoffice works fine without having to chroot or anything.

-- Alexander Rapp