Re: quake3

Le jeudi 10 février 2005 à 14:35 -0800, tony mancill a écrit :

> Another article recommended this, which did do the trick:
>   echo "et.x86 0 0 direct" > /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/oss

this was the problem, thank you very much
sadly quake3 work only in  menu and hang in the game
(GL or not)
maybee a problem with librarie ?

I will try  ET ....

> Or if you use systune, add this line to /etc/systune.conf:
>   /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/oss:et.x86 0 0 direct

ok, i will see that

> disable the GL extensions when I run ET in 64-bit or else the textures
> flicker between solid black and the normal texture.  The amazing thing is
> that the AMD64 is just about fast enough that the game remains playable,
> even doing all of the rendering in software...

do you think it a probleme with nvidia ? 32 bit librarie dont like 64
bit kernel ?
Is there someone with a 64 bit kernel and a 32 bit userspace who can say
if quake3 or ET work ?

Philippe <philippe@chocottes.cjb.net>