Re: Debconf and other outdated packages

On 05-Feb-10 23:08, Javier Kohen wrote:

> Great!
>
> Is it possible that some packages are still missing? For instance the X
> server is -8, whereas pure64 has -10.
>
> When I upgraded pure64 to gcc-3.4 I had to leave the -10 packages
> installed because they have some important fixes. Today I was trying to
> find out why wxwidgets2.5's compilation is failing (see below), but I
> couldn't readily install the -dev packages I need to compile it because
> I don't have the X's -dev packages corresponding to the binaries I've
> installed. Maybe I should also install X's -dev packages from pure64 for
> now.
>
> On a second look to wxwidgets2.5 compilation's log in
> gcc-3.4/buildd-logs it looks like it's downloading the build
> dependencies from pure64, as it's actually fetching the -10-dev X
> packages. Anyway, in case somebody knows before hand about this problem,
> the error message is:
> checking for strcasecmp() in string.h... no
> checking for strcasecmp() in strings.h... no
> configure: error: No case-insensitive string comparison function found.
> make: *** [configure-gtk-shared-stamp] Error 1

I have compiled the X -10 version but when I installed it on my own
workstation, something went wrong and I could not start X anymore.
Because of this, I did not yet upload the new version. In the meantime
I found that the 'bdftopcf' binary in my -10 version does not work
properly and consequently X does not find some necessary fonts on
startup.

I will upload -10 as soon as I have fixed this.

Thanks again for the report.

Regards
Andreas Jochens