Re: Debconf and other outdated packages

Great!

Is it possible that some packages are still missing? For instance the X server is -8, whereas pure64 has -10.

When I upgraded pure64 to gcc-3.4 I had to leave the -10 packages installed because they have some important fixes. Today I was trying to find out why wxwidgets2.5's compilation is failing (see below), but I couldn't readily install the -dev packages I need to compile it because I don't have the X's -dev packages corresponding to the binaries I've installed. Maybe I should also install X's -dev packages from pure64 for now.

On a second look to wxwidgets2.5 compilation's log in gcc-3.4/buildd-logs it looks like it's downloading the build dependencies from pure64, as it's actually fetching the -10-dev X packages. Anyway, in case somebody knows before hand about this problem, the error message is:
checking for strcasecmp() in string.h... no
checking for strcasecmp() in strings.h... no
configure: error: No case-insensitive string comparison function found.
make: *** [configure-gtk-shared-stamp] Error 1

The log is from Feb, 2nd.

As usual, thanks a lot.