Re: AMD64 Compat List

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 06:14:14PM +0000, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:
> On the heatsink is not really problem (with an amd64, nt a Prescott),
> in the bladesof the fan might e a problem ;-)
>
> But it is not always clear *where* are located the sensors.

Most if not all motherboards since the Athlon XP came about, have had a
temp sensor under the cpu socket I believe.  My old A7V board (first
Asus socket A board) had an external sensor to put on the heat sink,
while later A7V series (with newer chipsets and support for newer
athlons) had the sensor under the socket somehow.