Re: Anyone using gcc-3.4 port for audio work?

Hi Norval,

> I chose pure64/sid because there are more pkgs than sarge and it
> seems to be a little more stable than gcc-3.4.

I guess the question regarding pure64 vs gcc-3.4 port is: do you want
to go for maximum possible stability today, or are you developing
with the future in mind? Further enlightment from people who really
know the difference would be appreciated!

> > My first attempt would be to take the DeMuDi kernel source
> > package and try to build a binary from that, since it's already
> > got the patches.

A potential problem here is that the DeMuDi kernel is still based on
2.4.x I believe, and I think a lot of the AMD64 work has gone into
the 2.6.x series instead.

> This post came in over the weekend, maybe this could help?

> I've also booted up with Linux 2.6.10-mm3 that I compiled for the
> box

I think there's scope for confusion here. Although some distributions
use the mm suffix to stand for 'multimedia', it is also the suffix
used by Andrew Morton to denote his kernel tree. It's further
complicated by the fact that Andrew has done quite a bit of work on
multimedia aspects of the kernel, such as low latency. I got confused
about this myself  : )

Cheers!

Daniel