Anyone using gcc-3.4 port for audio work?

Hello all,

I mostly run audio applications on various Linux boxes and have an
Opteron 240 based machine which I'd like to try Debian on. There are
existing distributions for audio use (eg AGNULA/DeMuDi) and there are
pure 64-bit distributions of course, but as far as I am aware no-one
has done the work to create a pure 64-bit audio distribution.

What I was thinking of trying is an installation of the gcc-3.4 AMD64
port, then rebuilding any missing packages. A multimedia kernel would
be essential, as well as JACK infrastructure and various audio
applications.

Does the list know of anyone working in this area already?

Cheers

Daniel