Re: switched to ubuntu

A Diumenge 10 Octubre 2004 12:51, PÁSZTOR György va escriure:
> Hi!
>
> "Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda" <lepalom@wol.es> írta 2004-10-08 13:43-kor:
> > thing is that it's a pity to have a distro derived from debian that have
> > resolved some question better and there's no feedback to the original
> > distro.
>
> I wouldn't say that, there is no spoon^Wfeedback.

Sure, you didn't say that. I say that. Let me explain, please.....

When I have said that "there's no feedback to the original distro", I want to
say that although ubuntu have a done some improvements (I think) to have a 64
bit distro, with bi-arch, this improvements seems to not be reflected in the
pure64 version of Debian. However, I have to add that is more easy to have a
little distro customized at 64bits that a generic distro as Debian, so the
"delay" is understandable.

> So... It seem's to me, that there is a hard co-work beetween the two
> developer group.

Yes, to me too. But, ubuntu is a very new distro sponsoriced by Canonical. All
the principles, code of Conduct , rules are perfect. I cannot say anything. I
hope that 3 years ago all was perfect also. Maybe some day ubuntu fagocites
debian, who knows ....

Best regards,

Leo