Re: Asus K8V - acpi/cpufreq

Sebastian 'ttt' Steinlechner <ttt@resourcecode.de> writes:

> I have an Asus K8V and I can't seem to get cpu throttling to work. Using
> kernel 2.6.8.1 with powernow-k8 compiled in, this is what I get in
> dmesg:
>
> ---
> powernow-k8: Found 1 AMD Athlon 64 / Opteron processors (version
> 1.00.09b)
> powernow-k8: BIOS error - no PSB
> ---

The kernel sources give the following advice:

         * If you see this message, complain to BIOS manufacturer. If
         * he tells you "we do not support Linux" or some similar
         * nonsense, remember that Windows 2000 uses the same legacy
         * mechanism that the old Linux PSB driver uses.

Throttling on my K8V SE Deluxe works, so maybe updating your BIOS
will help.

- Heike