Re: Asus K8V - acpi/cpufreq

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 01:33:32 +0200
hcz@hczim.de (Heike C. Zimmerer) wrote:

> Sebastian 'ttt' Steinlechner <ttt@resourcecode.de> writes:
>
> > I have an Asus K8V and I can't seem to get cpu throttling to work.
> > Using kernel 2.6.8.1 with powernow-k8 compiled in, this is what I
> > get in dmesg:
> >
> > ---
> > powernow-k8: Found 1 AMD Athlon 64 / Opteron processors (version
> > 1.00.09b)
> > powernow-k8: BIOS error - no PSB
> > ---

> Throttling on my K8V SE Deluxe works, so maybe updating your BIOS
> will help.

That's interesting, what bios version do you use? I have 1004 here.
On my K8V SE Deluxe I had to make the powernow-k8 module ignore the
"BIOS error: numpst must be 1" error for it to load.
After that the throttling works fine, though I haven't been able to
reduce the fan speed (haven't had time to look into that yet).

Hylke