Asus K8V - acpi/cpufreq

Hello list,

I'm sorry this is somewhat offtopic, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

I have an Asus K8V and I can't seem to get cpu throttling to work. Using
kernel 2.6.8.1 with powernow-k8 compiled in, this is what I get in
dmesg:

---
powernow-k8: Found 1 AMD Athlon 64 / Opteron processors (version
1.00.09b)
powernow-k8: BIOS error - no PSB
---

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0 is empty, as is most of
/proc/acpi/{thermal_zone|processor|fan}.

Cool'n'Quiet is enabled in the bios, I also tried to switch from ACPI
2.0 to 1.0 there -- does not help. There are no other obvious failure
messages in dmesg. A google search for that error message connected with
K8V gave only 9 results, mostly with older kernel versions. There being
so few results I guess most people got it to work without any problems.
Could anyone give me a hint?

Thanks,
--
Sebastian Steinlechner