Re: netinst using gcc-3.4 packages: no valid Release file?

Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
"Harald Dunkel" <harald.dunkel@t-online.de> writes:

Any schedule out to get rid of gcc-3.3 for amd64 completely?
I am using gcc 3.4 and 3.4.1 for my private projects since they
were released. Works for me.

Doesn't look like its going to happen. There are too many patches
needed for gcc-3.4 that most likely won't make it into sarge and
several of us want to release a unofficial sarge with a minimum of
extra patches compared to the official one.

Sorry, but I am sure that Sarge for amd64 will require
more patches when using gcc-3.3 instead of 3.4.1. Anyway,
I'm just interested in Sid.

Probably there were some good reasons to drop gdb 6.1 for
amd64(gcc-3.4), but all the included *-dbg libraries are
pretty useless without a working debugger. Not to mention
that debugging is important esp. on amd64 and Unstable.

2 weeks ago gdb 6.2 was released. It builds without problems
for amd64(gcc-3,4). Would it be possible to get this debugger
in?

Regards

Harri