gcc 3.4 as default.

Hi,

I've been asked again if we want to use gcc 3.4 as default on
amd64 or stick with 3.3.

The 3.3 version has some problems that are fixed in the 3.4
version.  It should also generate faster code for us.

It shouldn't be a problem for us being the only one in sid/sarge
to use it since it has been done before.

The only argument I know against using it is that it might break
more applications because it has better support for C++ and now
fails to compile thing that might have worked with previous
version.  I've been told that kde for instance has a problem with
it but that should be fixed in the next version which I've heard
is going to be available in a few weeks.

Does anybody have any good reasons not to use gcc 3.4?

Kurt