Re: Setting up an autobuilder (was Re: Concerns about AMD64 port)

John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 11:21:14AM -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > John, you've mentioned you have the experiance with setting up an
> > autobuilder and whatnot..  Do you think you'd have time to set one up
> > and get it hooked into wanna-build for a pure 64bit-native amd64 port?
>
> Yes, though I do not yet have my AMD64 machine, and when I do, it is not
> likely to be powered up 24/7.  That does not prevent me from running an
> autobuilder on my own, though, once the machine does arrive.
>
> The basic procedure for setting up your own autobuilder is this:

As a start I suggest you look into tools/build.sh on
debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org. Put that into a 64bit chroot and add
packages to the "list" file. The full buildd infrastructure requires
a lot of stuff only needed later when you start spreading jobs around
to multiple buildds or when you have multiple archs.

Get the base system rebuild from source and installed as 64bit only
first before you think about setting up the full buildd
infrastructure.

Also get alioth access for debian-amd64. If you are in the
debian-amd64 group I can setup a repository under
pure64/dists/sid/main/binary-amd64/ and pure64/pool/ or something.

MfG
        Goswin