Re: Concerns about AMD64 port

> * John Goerzen (jgoerzen@complete.org) wrote:
> > I wasn't talking about supporting 32-bit programs at all; I was just
> > talking about building a pure 64-bit userland with the libs in the right
> > place.  This would make the a pure 64-bit userland work now, without
> > breaking compatibility for a future mixed userland.
>
> Well, see my other message about mixed userland compatibility...
>
> > > I thought you had to get permission (and config files changed on some
> > > system somewhere that has limited access...) to get hooked into
> > > wanna-build...  If I'm wrong, then I'm glad to hear it.
> >
> > You do if you want to get hooked into the *official* wanna-build.
>
> Ah.
>
> > There's nothing stopping you from installing and running wanna-build on
> > your own system.  Which is what I used to do with Alpha, before there
> > was an official wanna-build, and what I do now with NetBSD-i386, which
> > is not yet an in-tree arch.
>
> Err, how do you get access to newly uploaded sources?  I'm still pretty
> much in the dark about how these systems work, I'm afraid.
>
> 	Stephen

You could mirror incoming.debian.org and build a Packages file for it
and so on. Otherwise you would need special access to the
accepted-autobuild repository, which is the same person as wanna-build
acess.

So basically you just wait a day for the sources to appear on your
debian mirror. Who cares about a day more or less?

MfG
        Goswin