Re: iceweasel issues (update)

On 28/04/12 09:32, Bob Tracy wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 12:42:10PM +1200, Michael Cree wrote:
>> I am fairly certain that the crash is this:

>> The backtraces I got all ended in madvise() --- which is what the bug
>> report is about.
>
> The available facts fit the theory, so I added a mention of what we've
> been seeing on Alpha to the bug report.  Mike's immediate reply
> indicated two things: (1) he's actively working the issue; and (2) the
> underlying cause seems to be someone overlooking the possibility of an
> other-than-4k page size (Alpha has an 8k page size).

Thanks for adding to the bug report --- I had been a bit busy then
travelling without internet access for almost three weeks so had not got
around to it.

>> A number of a new iceweasel versions have been uploaded to unstable
>> but they all fail to build on the buildds because we are still waiting
>> for the fixes for:

>> to be applied.
>
> Might check and see if they made it into the 12.0 code base.  Latest
> comments on 650151 hint that may be the case.

That version has come through to experimental but it will be some time
(maybe a week) before the build daemon will get to it because we have a
backlog of some 500 packages to build in unstable (plus another 100 or
200 binNMUs to be scheduled too).

OK, I'll see if I can do a manual build of iceweasel 12.0 this weekend.
 I won't build the latest version in unstable as there is no point in
building a version that still has the madvise() lockup bug.

Cheers
Michael.