Re: iceweasel issues (update)

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 12:42:10PM +1200, Michael Cree wrote:
> I am fairly certain that the crash is this:

> The backtraces I got all ended in madvise() --- which is what the bug
> report is about.

The available facts fit the theory, so I added a mention of what we've
been seeing on Alpha to the bug report.  Mike's immediate reply
indicated two things: (1) he's actively working the issue; and (2) the
underlying cause seems to be someone overlooking the possibility of an
other-than-4k page size (Alpha has an 8k page size).

> A number of a new iceweasel versions have been uploaded to unstable
> but they all fail to build on the buildds because we are still waiting
> for the fixes for:

> to be applied.

Might check and see if they made it into the 12.0 code base.  Latest
comments on 650151 hint that may be the case.

--Bob