Re: Advancing Debian Alpha Porting

On 04-26 00:29, Bill MacAllister wrote:

> >It would be great to get a summary of machine and sites.  From this email
> >stream I think the list is:
> >
> >  System Description            Contributor
> >  ----------------------------  -----------------------------
> >  2 XP1000, 1GB RAM             Witold Baryluk <baryluk@smp.if.uj.edu.pl>

Correct. Each will start with 50GB of local storage on LVM + lots on NFSv4.
Will be updated (more machines or more memory) in the future.

> >  CS20                          Craig Prescott <cpp@ekkaia.net>
> >  AS1200, 4GB, Dual CPU         Bill MacAllister <whm@stanford.edu>
> >  DECServer 5000, 2GB, Dual CPU Bill MacAllister <whm@stanford.edu>

> each and each system has a total of 360gb of disk space.
>
> In Aurelien Jarno message of the 25th he asked for a single contract
> from the Alpha community to interface with.  Has anyone taken that role?

I cannot count, as I am pretty busy with other tasks (like writing master thesis)
and alpha-keeping will be only time-to-time job.
(Hovewer I will test and benchmark cutting edge things often and a lot).
I have also tendency to not replay for weeks, if I'm hacking something. :/

Regards,
Witek

--
Witold Baryluk