Re: Advancing Debian Alpha Porting

--On Wednesday, April 20, 2011 12:30:13 AM -0700 Bill MacAllister <whm@stanford.edu> wrote:

--On Tuesday, April 19, 2011 10:44:31 AM +1200 Michael Cree <mcree@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

On Mon, April 18, 2011 1:48 pm, Witold Baryluk wrote:
On 04-14 06:43, Bill MacAllister wrote:
> It appears we are to provide the Alpha buildds.  We need at least
> two for redundancy but if older hardware is used then we may need
> three or four.  Craig, Witold, Robert, are you all able to offer a
> machine to be a buildd?  I don't think I can---I have an XP1000 that
> is my main computer that I use, and two PWS600au, but they are a bit
> slow.

Absolutly.

I can offer almost right now 2 fully loaded XP1000 exclusivly for buildd.

Great.  That's five machines at three sites.  Two XP1k, Two A1200, and a
CS20.  That should get us going nicely.

I am off on holiday over the Easter break and probably won't be able to
check my email for a week.

Cheers
Michael.

It would be great to get a summary of machine and sites.  From this email
stream I think the list is:

  System Description            Contributor
  ----------------------------  -----------------------------
  2 XP1000, 1GB RAM             Witold Baryluk <baryluk@smp.if.uj.edu.pl>
  CS20                          Craig Prescott <cpp@ekkaia.net>
  AS1200, 4GB, Dual CPU         Bill MacAllister <whm@stanford.edu>
  DECServer 5000, 2GB, Dual CPU Bill MacAllister <whm@stanford.edu>

Someone else might have spoken up with other AS1200's, but in my
search through the email stream I didn't see it.  Please correct me if
I have this wrong.

My systems will be on-line after I get a chance to move them into my
office at Stanford.  Note, I have asked for permission to do this and
have not received a response yet.  So, there is a possibility that I
will be scrambling for a place to hook these systems up.

Bill

It turns out that the two systems that I have to contribute as bbuilds
are both single processor AS1200s.  They are on line and I have just
started the processing of making then bbuild servers.  I will shuffle
CPUs from the DEC5000 into the AS1200 cases sometime in the next week
or two to make dual CPU systems.  The systems have 2gb and 1.5 gb
memory each and each system has a total of 360gb of disk space.

In Aurelien Jarno message of the 25th he asked for a single contract
from the Alpha community to interface with.  Has anyone taken that role?

Bill

--

Bill MacAllister
Infrastructure Delivery Group, Stanford University