Re: Advancing Debian Alpha Porting

On 26/04/11 19:29, Bill MacAllister wrote:
System Description Contributor
---------------------------- -----------------------------
2 XP1000, 1GB RAM Witold Baryluk <baryluk@smp.if.uj.edu.pl>
CS20 Craig Prescott <cpp@ekkaia.net>
AS1200, 4GB, Dual CPU Bill MacAllister <whm@stanford.edu>
DECServer 5000, 2GB, Dual CPU Bill MacAllister <whm@stanford.edu>

That looks good. They are older and less powerful machines than the official Debian buildds were, but with five of them I think we should be fine.

Someone else might have spoken up with other AS1200's, but in my
search through the email stream I didn't see it. Please correct me if
I have this wrong.

Sorry, I misinterpreted you original message.

In Aurelien Jarno message of the 25th he asked for a single contract
from the Alpha community to interface with. Has anyone taken that role?

Doesn't appear so. Witold has turned it down. I had hoped we could score one of the old Debian Alpha Porters for that role but none of them have appeared. I started this thread knowing that someone had to get things moving or nothing would happen, but I am a newbie to all of this. I suspect that is true of all of us!

Cheers
Michael.