Re: New Installer & ReiserFS

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 07:02:33PM -0500, Tyson Whitehead wrote:

> I just finished trying the new installer (from unstable).  Works great --
> except it won't let me do an installation to ReiserFS (I wound up moving the
> results over to ReiserFS with tar once the installation completed -- what a

Don't go to all that work.  Try my Debian From Scratch images --

  http://people.debian.org/~dfs

And *of course* they exist for Alpha :-)

They support reiserfs, ext2/3, jfs, xfs, whatever, plus have everything
you need to manually install Debian base on your system (including a
working gcc environment and kernel source to build you a kernel.)

-- John