DFS for alpha can't boot (was Re: New Installer & ReiserFS)

Hi all

John Goerzen wrote:
Don't go to all that work.  Try my Debian From Scratch images --
I have tried to boot dfs 0.63 on a AlphaServer 4100 from CD (on internal NCR 53C8??). It boots fine until a welcome message appears and then fails to find the cdrom on /dev/sr* resp. the other places it tries. I saw this behavior on two different machines. Has anyone been able to boot dfs on a rawhide (AS1200, AS4x00, DS530x, DS730x) system? Is there a BTS for dfs?

Regards, Adrian.